KoBoCollect is an Android app that can be installed on any modern Android device. To install the app on your Android device, click here.
Server URL set up
After installing KoBoCollect, you need to configure it so that it can be used together with your KoBoToolbox account for data collection. These instructions are also listed on the Form page after you have deployed your project.
- Install KoboCollect on your Android device.
- On your Android device, open KoBoCollect and open the General Settings (this may be in the top right of your screen, the bottom right, or a button in the center bottom - depending on your Android version)
- In General Settings, under URL, enter the server URL https://kc.kobotoolbox.org or https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info (depending on which server you use)
- Still in General Settings, enter your username and password
Download forms from your account
To download forms from your account and start data collection, follow these steps:
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet on your device. Also, you need to have deployed at least one project in KoBoToolbox.
- On the home menu of KoBoCollect, click Get Blank Form
- A list of all your forms from your different projects will be shown. Click Toggle All (or select the ones you wish to download), then click Get Selected.
- Click on Fill blank form
- Select the form to which you would like to enter data
- Go through all the questions (swiping your finger from right to left)
- At the end click on Save Form and Exit (making sure the form is marked as 'finalized')
Uploading finalized data
- From the home screen, click on Send Finalized Form
- A list of your most recently collected forms appears.
- Click Toggle all (or select the ones you wish to send), then click Send Selected.
Hiding buttons and options within KoBoCollect
You are able to hide many of the buttons available in KoBoCollect.
- On the home screen click the Android menu button
- Choose Admin Settings
- Select the buttons you would like to hide from the different screens. If you set an admin password, your interviewers won't be able to access the Admin settings to ever get access to these buttons.