Here's how to quickly get started with a new form, deploy it as a survey project, and start collecting data in the field.
Sign up and first login
Visit https://kf.kobotoolbox.org and create a new account. (If you work for a humanitarian organization, please sign up at https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info instead.) After activating your account through the link that was sent to you, you can log in to access your account.
Create your first form
- You can create your first form by clicking on New, then choose New Form.
- Click on the + button to add your first question.
- After typing in the question label, click Add Question and choose a response type.
- You can give your form a name by changing the default 'New form' text on top.
- To add skip logic to a question, click on a questions settings and go to the Skip Logic section.
(See here for an overview of all formbuilder functions.)
- Click Preview Form to quickly view your questions and test skip logic.
- To save the form click the Create/Save button, then 'X' to close the form.
- To start collecting data you need to first deploy your draft form as a new data collection project.
- You're ready to collect data! You can enter data in the browser on any device (computer, iPhone, Android) or use our Android application KoBoCollect. Read more here.